- Who are we?
- Our company is engaged in the development of CNC systems for various types of equipment. More than 20 years of experience in software and electronics development allows us to produce reliable and high-quality products.
- What operating system or software is your CNC system based on?
- All software for the motion controller and for the operator panel was developed by our company. We have developed our own operating system for the motion controller. The operator panel can run both in Windows and in Linux.
- What communication interface is used to connect the CNC controller and host computer?
- Ethernet and/or USB can be used to connect and control ViS CNC controllers.
- Does your software have a limit on the number of lines to load a G-code control program?
- No. You can load a control program with a size of several gigabytes and several tens of millions of lines/frames.
- Does your CNC system support macros and what programming language is used?
- Yes, it supports macros. It uses its own scripting programming language. It's even hard to call it a "programming language" because we tried to make the syntax of scripts as simple as possible.
- On what operating systems can the software be run?
- Both on Windows 7/10/11 64-bit and Linux. The whole process of installing the software consists in simply copying the files to the folder you need.
- Can I connect the spindle via the RS-485 interface and control it?
- Yes, up to 30 different devices can work simultaneously on an RS-485 network. It is also possible to connect the spindle via an analog output 0...10V.
- What is the maximum number of inputs and outputs in a CNC system?
- In CNC controller (full version): 14 digital inputs, 2 analog inputs, 8 digital outputs, 2 analog outputs, 2 relay outputs. In external devices on the RS-485 network: up to 30 devices, each of which can contain 8 digital inputs or outputs. Those. 8 x 30 = 240 inputs or 240 outputs. For example, 120 inputs and 120 outputs at the same time.
- Can I connect a spindle with automatic tool change?
- Yes. Macros can be used to create various tool change scenarios.
- How far can the CNC controller and motor drivers be separated from each other?
- When using the ViS-DIFF board, this distance can be up to 100 meters. Without this board, everything depends on the conditions in which the electronics are operated (interference, etc.).
- What is the maximum distance that devices on an RS-485 network can operate normally?
- When using cables that comply with the requirements of the RS-485 standard (resistance, capacitance, etc.), this distance can reach 1000 meters at a data rate of 9600 bps.
- Is it possible to update the software via the Internet?
- We decided not to implement such functionality yet, because more than half of the users of our system do not connect the computer that controls the machine to the Internet. Updating all the software and firmware at once is very simple: you need to download a ViS_x.x.x.file file in your personal account on our website and copy it to the folder with the main software. And that's it!
- How can I register in your system to place an order?
- No special registration is required to place an order. When you place an order in our online store, registration takes place automatically based on the data that you provided when ordering. This will generate a password that is stored in our database in encrypted form and is not available to anyone. To change your password, you will need to enter your e-mail and follow the instructions.
- How can I pay for an order?
- You can pay in two ways:
1) PayPal - from your internal account or bank card (credit or debit).
2) By bank transfer to our account. Proforma-Invoice is generated automatically when creating a new order, in which you can find all the details for making a bank transfer.
- Where can I download the software?
- After placing an order and paying for it, a section in your Personal Account with additional functionality, including the ability to download software, becomes available to you.
- Do you have a support forum for users?
- Forum support has proven to be ineffective. Clients do not want to look for an answer to their question on a forum among thousands of messages; they ask the same questions regularly.
Our approach is to work individually with each client, which also includes answering all the client’s questions.